THE ARETÉ WAY
Areté Education challenges the status quo by providing academic, social, and emotional support to students while working hand in hand with the school the students attend. We extend the traditional school day, week, and year with enhanced learning experiences that are fully integrated into school communities. We motivate students with aspirational and experiential learning in a nurturing but rigorous environment where they develop the skills to succeed in school and beyond.
Our students are faced with a 6,000 hour learning gap compared to children of well resourced families.
Arete provides a comprehensive approach that addresses the education and social, emotional needs of children. Over the course of their middle school experience, each child receives:
- 1,238 additional hours academic support
- 180 hours of life skills training
- 240 hours of collaborative learning
- 192 hours arts enrichment activities
- 54 hours of NYC cultural experiences
At our current partner school, The Laboratory School of Finance and Technology (MS/HS 223)
- 95% of Arete students are participated in middle school are on track to graduate high school
- Over 92% voluntary attendance to our extended day programs
- Rank in 65 percentile in English and 85 percentile in Math amongst all NYC schools
- Up from 3 percentile in 2004
MAKE AN IMPACT
Areté Education is thriving, but the best is yet to come! We have a vision for this program -- to offer even stronger, smarter, and more enriching experiences that propel our students to succeed. We're ready for the future of Ignite Learning -- help us get there.