Please consider joining our team of talented high school students in Mott Haven.
To review the Job Posting and Apply: Applicant Stack Job Posting Link
This fall, we are offering three pathways for the Areté internship - Teaching, Arts, and STEM. All internship pathways allow high school students to explore career options, develop job readiness skills, and give back to the larger school community through service. Regardless of which internship pathway you maybe offered, we expect excellent performance in all of the following areas listed below:
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Availability to work afterschool and/or weekend hours (8-12 hours per week)
- Active participation in (remote/in-person) weekly staff forums, team meetings and professional learning sessions.
- Ability to adhere to Areté and NYC DOE guidelines for online conduct.
- Access to computer and reliable internet during weekday hours.
- Timely arrival to virtual learning synchronous sessions.
- A commitment to excellence in your work with others as demonstrated by your positive and caring presence with colleagues and members of school community
- Collaboration with colleagues and supervisors
- Willingness to reflect on strengths and areas for growth to improve individual and team performance
- Friendly and open communication
- Regular communication with supervisors and Areté headquarters staff (email, phone)
- Ability to learn and use Zoom and other online learning platforms as needed.
- Current high school student in Community School District 7, NYC DOE.
- Prior internship experience with Arete Education preferred
- Arete supervisor recommendation to fall internship preferred
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Ability to:
- manage time effectively
- go the extra mile and/or try something new
- be empathic and listen to others well
- proactively identify and resolve problems
- be polite, positive, and professional in all communications