Google Meet Grid View: allows you to change the layout of the videos and see everyone in the meeting.
Nod – Reactions for Google Meet: allows participants to send real-time nonverbal reactions such as raise hands and thumbs up.
Meet Attendance: helps you to collect attendance (participants’ names) in a Google Sheet from a Google Meet.
Starting from April 1, Wednesday, 8:00pm, Areté is launching our first 25-Day Meditation Challenge for youth and families from Mott Haven, South Bronx through Zoom!
EVERY WEEKDAY. From 8:00-8:30 PM for 25 consecutive weekdays. Are you ready to accept this challenge to reduce stress and anxiety, relax, connect to your body, self-care, self-love, and be kinder to yourself and the people around you?
We are waiting for you! We will be holding hands together, virtually, and we will breathe through this crisis TOGETHER!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your spot!
Updated COVID-19 Resources from Zoom (4/14/2020)
Please find this collection of useful resources Zoom basics:
Zoom CEO Eric Yuan Is Giving K-12 Schools His Videoconferencing Tools For Free in response to the COVID-19 crisis. Zoom is temporarily lifting the 40-minute time limit on free Basic accounts for schools affected by the Coronavirus.
Step 1: Sign up for a free Basic account using your school’s email address.
Step 2: Fill out the information for your school to remove the 40 minute time limit for anyone on your school’s domain after verification. Personal email addresses such as Gmail, Yahoo, or Outlook are not eligible.
Yesterday, we went to see JUST MERCY with my class afterschool, and it was a great experience. The movie was amazing, and we all had some laughs and just really enjoyed being there. The movie was very touching and made a few people emotional. I would really recommend people watching this movie because I would definitely watch JUST MERCY again.
Arete Education and The Lab School aim to register at least 50 youth (ages 18-22) and 50 adults to successfully apply for and gain part-time or full-time employment as Census field workers, office workers, and/or supervisors in Mott Haven by March 2020.
The Bronx is a hard-to-count community: just over half of the households (56%) self-responded for the 2010 Census, compared to 75% of households nationwide. The 2020 Census will determine how funds are spent in communities on thing like roads, schools, and hospitals. The fewer people counted in the Bronx, the fewer Federal tax dollars are spent on Bronx schools, hospitals, roads, transportation, and other community programs.
Arete will host Census Hiring Events on select Saturdays in February and March at the Lab School (360 E 145th Street, Bronx 10454)
Census 2020 jobs in NYC pay $28/hour, include flexible hours, pay weekly, and include training.
2020 Census Job Qualifications
You may be eligible if:
• You are a U.S. citizen.
• You are at least 18 years old.
• You have a valid Social Security number.
• You have a valid e-mail address.
• You complete an application and assessment questions. (For some positions, the assessment questions may be available in Spanish; however, an English Proficiency Test may also be required.)
• You are registered with the Selective Service System if you are a male born after December 31, 1959.
• You pass a criminal background check and a review of criminal records (including fingerprinting) as part of the Census Bureau’s hiring process.
• You do not engage in any partisan political activity while on duty.
• Your current employment (including law and regulatory enforcement jobs) is compatible with Census Bureau employment (reviewed on a case-by-case basis).
• You are available to work flexible hours, including days, evenings, and/or weekends.
• You commit to completing training. (If offered a job, you will be paid for this training at a training pay rate.)
Most jobs require employees to:
• Have access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license, unless public transportation is readily available.
• Have access to a computer with Internet and an e-mail account (to complete training).
Engage Others | Share the Campaign
For More Information: Census 2020 Afterschool Toolkit
Canva is a popular graphic design platform that allows users to create presentations, posters, social media graphics, and other visual content. It provides millions of fonts, images, illustrations, and templates, and many of them are FREE!
What many people do not know is that they also provided FREE short courses to teach you basic knowledge of graphic design:
Here are more FREE courses on other topics:
Enjoy learning design!